The Vital Mindsets You Need to Breakthrough in Life and Business
As lightworkers and conscious entrepreneurs, many of you are on a growth journey in life. We call it the "Genius Journey". No surprise that success and breakthrough in your life journey directly impacts how well your lightworker business goes. Does it sputter or does it thrive?
Growth mindsets are vital to igniting your Genius Within. Here at Lights on Business, we work with people to remove mindset stumbling blocks and to promote growth mindsets in their place. Here is a list of mindsets vital for development and success. Check-in with yourself and then watch "The Genius Within Webinar" for more on igniting your unique genius!
"At Lights On Business, we show you how to get a business you love and a business that loves you back."
- An open mind. Personal growth requires considering new perspectives, ideas, habits, and beliefs. If you're dead set on approaching the world in a particular way, you're greatly limiting your growth. When you are open to various possibilities, your growth be maximized.
- Consider that if you already had an optimal perspective and approach to everything, you'd already have everything you want, right? You may be mistaken about some views you've held with certainty. Are you willing to figure out what those things are? (Here is where a good coach can really make a difference.)
- Are you open to the idea that you might change your objectives based on new things that you discover about the world and yourself?
- An interest in learning. Are you willing to learn? Overcome? Foster discipline? Grow communication skills? Read about new ideas? There's a lot that you don't know that you need to know if you're going to become everything that you're capable of being. The challenge is that we don't know what we don't know so getting outside ideas and perspectives is vital.
- The willingness to fail. Trying new things requires failure. It's rare and lucky to succeed at something the first time. Whether you're learning to be a better public speaker, taking a class, or learning how to play the violin, there will be some so-called failures along the way.
- Failure provides the opportunity to learn and then to apply that knowledge during future attempts.
- The desire to experiment. Should you eat a vegan, vegetarian, or paleo diet? Try one and see what works for you. You can't be certain what you want to have, do, or be until you've experimented and found the best answer for yourself.
- The ability to set your ego aside. Your ego is a major obstacle when it comes to maximizing your personal growth. Your ego makes you more likely to be certain you're right when you're wrong. It leads you to blame others when the fault is your own. It also makes you afraid to fail. Key is developing a mindset that welcomes trying and making mistakes to learn.
- Value improvement over perfection. Daily improvement is incredibly powerful. It's not possible to be great at something instantly. When you can get excited about improving by 1% at something then repeating that success, you have a great mindset for personal growth.
- Patience. Personal growth is an ongoing process. It may take decades to become the best possible version of yourself. It takes time to get reveal and shift mindsets and change practices. Patience is an important factor!
- Determination. Changing and growing isn't for the faint-hearted. It's important to be determined and committed to changing yourself and your life.
- Determination is a valuable asset to have in many facets of life. Even people with what they thought was minimal talent have become incredibly successful through great determination.
Personal growth is challenging, but it can be a lot easier with a mindset that supports your desire to grow. Too many people try to grind their way to progress, but real growth requires passion, not just grit. Grinding also isn't sustainable for most people. What works is to ignite your Genius Within!