Recognize Your Genius Power and Change Your Life
You are already a creator. Your life is your creation. Do you know anyone else with a life exactly like yours? While you may not have the life you desire quite yet, you were perfect at creating the life you have.
What this suggests is that you have the power to create a new life for yourself and do it just as perfectly.
While you may benefit from some coaching support along your journey, start by recognizing your genius power! Claim it! And use it to forge the life you want! We call this unlocking your Flame of Genius!
Follow these strategies to recognize your genius power to change your life:
“At Lights On Business, we show you how to get a business you love and a business that loves you back.”
~1 Take full responsibility. The first step is to take full responsibility for all the good and challenging things in your life. If you believe that you created them, it’s easier to believe that you can change them.
- Even if some of the things you wish to change aren’t really your fault, it is still 100% your responsibility to change them. Who else is going to do it?
- Taking full responsibility is critical if you want to change your life.
~2 Look at your past successes. Notice all of the good things you’ve accomplished in the past and how you brought them to fruition. Acknowledge the influence and the power you had in your successes. These could be examples of times you were visiting your flame of genius, even if temporarily.
~3 Look at your past “failures”. Notice the influence you had on things that may not have turned out the way you wanted. Maybe you inadvertently created a challenge or didn’t take positive action. Take responsibility for your part in the unfavorable result.
- Learn to view failing as a positive (even if unpleasant) outcome. What have you learned from past “failures” that can help you eventually succeed in your endeavors? We like to say around there that “mistakes are for learning”. Look for the lessons to be gleaned.
~4 Set new goals. Many people live like a feather blowing in the wind, never having a true direction. It’s important to choose your destination. Leaving things to luck and chance is choosing not to fully use your power.
- Consider that a sandcastle never spontaneously rises from the beach. You have to intentionally build a sandcastle for it to materialize. Luck and chance will never get the job done reliably.
~5 Reinforce your goal. Each day, rewrite your goal and imagine how you’ll feel when you accomplish it. Focus on your priority rather than whatever you fancy at the moment.
- For example, you might want a million dollars and you want to leave work early and new clients. Pretty soon, you can be contradicting yourself and it all gets the same low priority.
- Reinforce your goals daily, and they’ll become a priority over all the other noise in your head.
~6 Measure your progress. It’s important to constantly measure where you are against your goals. If possible, measure every day.
- If you’re trying to earn more money, how much money did you earn today?
- You can’t make the proper adjustments if you’re unaware of your progress.
~7 Take a step closer to your goal each day, even if it’s a baby step. Every day, do something to move forward toward the life you want. Ask yourself, “What did I do today to create the life I desire?”
Do you see how you’ve been using your power all along, but perhaps not for what you really want? And you will continue to use that power, whether or not you realize it.
The real question is: will you choose what you’re going to create?
We each have a unique Flame of Genius. It’s up to each person to begin recognizing theirs and to be open for getting support in fully unlocking it. After all, this is where the Genius Journey can take off and lead to building a business that you love.