Jumpstart Your Success by Shrinking These 7 Thinking Traps
Do you have these thinking traps that limit your Lightworker Genius Journey Success?
Life would be much more enjoyable if we could only recognize our poor thinking patterns and replace them with more positive ones. This is part of the Lightworker Genius Journey.
Negativity has a way of making its way into our thoughts and it largely goes unrecognized. The most important first step is to notice these negative thoughts and shrink them. If you then replace them with positive thoughts, over time, you'll notice a tremendous change in every aspect of your life.
"At Lights On Business, we show you how to get a business you love and a business that loves you back."
Shrink these deadly thinking traps:
~1 "I'll do it tomorrow." The truth is you're never going to feel like doing what needs to be done tomorrow. We all fool ourselves into thinking there will be a better time in the near future.
- Anything you're putting off isn't going to get any easier.
- The most successful people are very good at taking care of the most important tasks at hand. Some things are uncomfortable, and it's necessary to push through that discomfort. Start with baby steps and build up your tolerance for discomfort!
~2 "I can't do this. I can't stick with anything." If you don't think you can do something, you'll probably prove yourself right. This is especially true with the big stuff.
- Remember that it's not just about discipline. It's really about focus and passion.
- Tell yourself that you can do it. Remind yourself that it's more about getting started and applying yourself consistently. Discipline is only a good tool in the short-term. Limit yourself to one big goal and get excited about it.
~3 "Other people are more successful". Thinking that someone else's success impacts you negatively. It's erroneous to believe that only a limited number of people can be successful. There's room for everyone.
- It might be lonelier at the top, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for you. You can be successful too.
- When others do well, you're actually better off being happy for them. You can examine their success and learn from it. You'll also come to believe that others will be happy when you're successful.
~4 "It's too late for me." We all have missed opportunities from our past, but that doesn't mean it's too late. People in their 60's have attended medical school and law school. Others don't get married or have children until later in life.
- Some things do take a significant amount of time to achieve, but that doesn't mean you can't get started today.
~5 "I'll never be successful." Everyone fails at something along the way to success. The good news is that failure can be the best way to learn. But focusing on your failures just causes you to feel bad all the time.
- Focus your attention on your successes. Look back over your past and remember all the times you were successful. Make a list of your past successes and add your new successes to the list as they happen.
~6 "Why is this happening again?" Unpleasant things just happen. It's a normal part of life. However, just like our failures, if we spend our time dwelling on them, we make ourselves miserable.
- We all struggle at times, but that struggling passes and makes room for positive things. Avoid dwelling on the negative and look forward to better times.
~7 "I can be happy (only) once I have (accomplished or earned) ______." It's unreasonable to hold yourself back from happiness until you've achieved some milestone. Unfortunately, once that goal is reached, there are more goals that follow. Putting off your happiness can become a harmful habit.
- It's important to learn to be happy with where you are and what you have now. That doesn't mean you have to be completely satisfied, but you might as well be happy in the meantime.
Negative thoughts have a tremendous impact on your happiness and success. It's important to recognize these negative thought patterns and squash them as soon as you can. Replacing these negative thoughts with thoughts that are more realistic and supportive is part of stepping into your Lightworker Genius Journey.
Mentoring and mindset help is a huge part of moving forward through and then past where you've been. Consider getting coaching or mentoring support to boost you toward breakthrough.